It is constituted by all the member institutions of the Association, each represented by its statutory officer or a duly mandated representative.
The General Assembly holds its annual sessions at the headquarters of one of the member institutions.
At each elective session, it elects a Bureau that directs the Association until the next Ordinary General Assembly.
It may be convened in an extraordinary manner at the initiative of the President or at the request of the majority of the member institutions when circumstances require it to deliberate on a specific agenda.
Invitations and working papers are sent to members at least fifteen (15) days before the date of the meeting.
Decisions are taken by consensus, failing which, by simple majority vote.
The quorum for the holding and validity of the meetings of the General Assembly is 2/3 of the members.
If this condition is not met, a second General Assembly will be convened
within fifteen (15) days. In these circumstances, no quorum is required. The General Assembly has powers to:
- amend the Articles of Association, the Internal Regulations and the Financial Regulations of the Association,
- approve the accession of new members,
- adopt the strategies and programs of action of the Association,
- set the amount of annual dues and membership fees,
- approve the budget of the Association and the various reports presented by the Bureau,
- take all the decisions concerning the life of the association.